Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ZION NARROWS

The weekend after white water rafting a group of us got together to hike the Narrows. It was me and Nate, Andrea and Eric, Mike, Ash and Dallen, Adam, M.jay and Hans (A little of Nate's family and a little of mine). If you haven't ever hiked the narrows I totally recommend it...but... don't be fooled by the down hill, along a river idea- this was no easy hike. It took us all day to get to the bottom, I didn't think we were going to make it out before dark. That river just kept going and going... and going and going! But... it was beautiful as you can see from the pictures and far worth it!

Here we are crossing the river in the beginning.... easy!
And here we are crossing the river in the end... hard!

Its a good thing we got these walking sticks. At first I felt like a nerd hiking with a stick but I was soon grateful!

This picture of Adam and Andrea (Nate's brother and sister) was actually taken before the hike had even started!









I guess Hans got board with the norm and decided to change a few things up! :)








It was a great hike and one of the best parts about the whole trip is that the boys made breakfast the next morning!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pictures Em, it looks like you guys had a blast. I would have definately made fun of your walking sticks...haha

*Ashley said...

That was so much fun! I'm SO glad we got to come! Thanks for organizing it all! We definitely want to do it again sometime! Mike thinks we should do it annually. Thanks again!!

Mike said...

I think this should be an annual thing. And I can't wait to go next year.

Shannon said...

Wow an all day hike. Way to go! It looks really pretty. Where are the narrows at?

Jenna said...

Emooo
So if you havent heard I am "training" for some good hikes. We will have to meet and do a good one Grand Canyon, or something.

Whitney said...

Oh HA ha so funny....lol jk it was pretty funny. ONE shot and he got me so lame! lol So hows the house?