Tuesday, June 17, 2008

White Water Rafting

So I'm a little behind in my blogging. A few weekends ago M.jay planned a white water rafting trip in Moab. We've never been so we were excited to go! A pretty big group turned out, most of them I didn't even know. We had a blast and would do it again anytime!
Here we are on our way to the river in our "cool" life jackets!
Jayni Dowse and Becky Huff
Me and M.jay ended up on the "flip boats" (in separate boats while Nate road the ducky with Crazy Carl). Both mine and M.jay's boat's goal was to flip, obviously!! The first time my boat attempted it a few of us messed up and high sided to the wrong side (me included) so we only "dumped trucked" as they call it. Those of us still in the boat had to help pull in those who got dumped!
But here is an action shot of the second attempt. We all squished to the back of the boat so the front tip would flip over backwards! The water was freezing but it was worth it! You can check out the fun club blog for more fun action shots!


Camping and more fun!

We camped outside of Moab and the next morning we went for a short hike and did some repelling with M.jay's gear!

Here is M.jay leading me to my death! What a great brother!
Nate and Seth.
You can actually see our camp site in this picture (just to the left of Nate). We camped right on the river. There were no trees though so it was pretty hot but most everyone had fun jumping in the river to cool off.

Nate doing a fancy trick before diving in!
And David catching a Frisbee!








And of course there had to be a seed spitting contest...!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like fun..so sad I missed it!Great Post...I guess Mike gets what he expects ha!

Nicki said...

This trip sounded so fun! I really wish I could be a part of the club. Maybe next year when this baby isn't so "attached" to me. Glad you're enjoying your summer.

Dorlene said...

Sounds like fun, although I would die at the thought of being flipped in the river. You guys are into one adventure after another - way to love life!

Nikki said...

Hi Emily. I stop by every once in a while but I never leave a comment. It looks like you are having fun. Trust me I put a stop to the roaring contest before there could be a winner :) Good to hear from you. Talk to you soon.

Linde said...

Great pictures! Looks like a blast! What a fun family! Maybe next time Jen can join the fun club!

Unknown said...

All of you look great. It is so exciting to know you are all having fun together! I might even consider jumping in to that seed spitting contest, pretty dangerous I hear.