Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Little Pillow

This might seem like a weird post, but o well. I have this pillow, it’s my favorite pillow. In fact I have to sleep with it every night, sometimes I feel like a little kid who cant go to sleep without their doll or blanky or like little Hans and Ty who couldn't go to sleep without their lightning McQueen toy cars (boys??). Well I feel the same way about my pillow! But this pillow is no ordinary pillow, actually its half a pillow! A few years back for Christmas grandma Mary bought a pillow and sewed in half. She gave me one half and Jenna the other (we are her favorites, right grandma! :). She also made pillow cases with our names on them. Well I've become very attached to mine-- I love it, it’s great! For a long time it was the only pillow I owned and it was all I needed. Any other normal size pillow I would sleep with would end up on the floor or to the side or anywhere except for under my head. Well Nate likes to make fun of me for how much I love my pillow. But there have been many nights that I have woken up and found him sleeping on it. He denies this ever happened but finally came around and said that it is a pretty comfortable pillow. So last night when I was getting into bed I notice my pillow over on his side of the bed hidden under his pillow. I know he wanted to see how long it would take me to notice it was gone and see how hard I would look for it, what a terd! But I caught him red handed... he just laughed and gave it to me. You could hear behind his laugh, you are crazy! So that’s my story about my little pillow. Thanks Grandma for the gift, I will pass it on generation to generation so everyone will always know who my favorite was! :)

Now that you’ve read my story (sorry it was a little long) you can think about how you say the word pillow. Does it sound more like “pill ow” or “pell ow”??!!

7 comments:

TrinEthan said...

I don't have a specific pillow I have to sleep with BUT I do have to sleep with a something (ex. pillow/blanket) . I just like to hold something... its weird but it works! My hubs has a small little blanket that he had when he was little guy and I like to use that one... its the perfect size, he just laughs at me!

*Ashley said...

Haha! That's a funny story! Makes me wish I had one...j/k ;)

Mike says "pellow" (I say pillow) and I think it's so funny...I don't know why but it cracks me up!...he also says "melk" which do you say?

Mike said...

I wonder where I got those problems Emily.

Whitney said...

lol im the same way almost!! I have had my pillow for years and years and I just cant sleep so well without it. It old and raggedy but i love the thing lol. And I say PILL-O....

Ave misses you guys! She is soo chunky now!

Cj said...

I say "pell-o" and I don't know why!

*hugs*
Cj

Nicki said...

I say pillow. Funny story Emily. It cracked me up!

Jennifer said...

I say Pellow...too. I'm beginning to see a trend here?? I'm the same way about my squishy "Pellows", by the way who started calling them squishy? They're feather Pillows! Anyway, when Nate and I got married I had three and years later I am down to 1 original.. it's all old and I have new ones but they are not the same..I'm holding on to it for dear life.