Sunday, June 6, 2010

The small, temporary move!

School starts tomorrow! A few months ago I received a letter in the mail from Utah State University that I was accepted into their Speech Language Pathology Outreach Masters Program! It has been crazy every sense- deciding on rather or not to go, getting ready, deciding, getting ready! I've almost backed out a few times because the timing is cutting it really close for when the baby is coming. But here I am, ready to give it a go! I thought I would share just a few pictures of my new temporary life!

On our drive to Logan... its so pretty here!

Where I'll be spending a lot of my time... with my nose in a text book!
or at my desk on the computer (how sad does the chair look with a small tilt to it, supposedly we are getting new chairs soon- sure hope so!)

My hopefully (but doubtfully) comfortable bed- I didn't forget all my pillows!
Glad this is only temporary- maybe six weeks...ish? Nate is going to be living the bachelor life, but basically only on week days. We'll see how everything goes. All I hear about this program is how drilling it is and how often you'll cry, but not to worry... "you'll make it through", or "you'll survive" they say. Is that suppose to be comforting??
We are excited for this opportunity and its only summer time that I'll have to spend time on campus, everything else will be on-line or broadcasted classes that I can do from home. So for now we'll just hope I can "survive" this summer- especially with a little one on the way!

9 comments:

Laura said...

That must've been such a hard decision, but you will do great in the program! I'm happy for you. Hopefully, the summer will go by quickly though. Good luck! We love you guys!

Jenna said...

You can do it! At least the baby will be a new born and sleeping a lot for you!! (hopefully)

*Ashley said...

That is SO exciting!! I look up to you SO much for doing it! You're an awesome lady!! I'd be so proud to be able to say I had a master's degree...one day maybe...but you're doing it!!! I'm so happy for you! Your baby will be so proud! :) I love that you didn't forget your tiny little pillow! Every time I see them at Wal-Mart I think of you!

grandmadebbie said...

hello Emily
not sure if you remember me or not. I am Big John wiltbank's wife Debbie. I live in Logan too.. If you need me send me an email at debbiewiltbank@yahoo.com I would be glad to see you and help you out at anytime.Debbie

grandmadebbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Emily - I loved Logan when I was there and the summers are gorgeous. I'm sure you will be busy but email me if you want any small walks or activites to do. Also, if there's an emergency I have in-laws there that are empty nesters and would love to help out. they live about 15 minutes away from you and are the sweetest things. I know you don't know anyone but if you needed something, just call me and I could pass a message along (435-764-6795). Good luck my dear!

Heidi said...

Justin and Hilary live there also, so if you need anything then let me know! My cousin did that same program while she lived in Ogden...It's so exciting for you though!

Cristina said...

SOOOO excited for you! and SOOOO jealous (in the best way possible)!!!

The Rubens said...

Good luck Emily, your almost done with the semester! Hope you are feeling okay and not to uncomfortable. We are jealous you get to live in Logan. We miss it there.