Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sweet Addiction

So yeah I am addicted... my name is Emily and I'm an avid homemade cereal eater! Thats right, homemade cereal! This all started, in a sense, some time ago when Jennifer, Nate and their little family came for a visit!

But first... a side note... I have to share a picture I took of Jen and Nate during this visit... it was just after Nate had taken a PERMANENT marker and drew a MUSTACHE on Jen's face... WITHOUT waking her up! Talk about a hard sleeper! (Its just like the time when we were young and she feel off the top bunk bed and I had to wake her up and tell her to get back into bed, then the next morning she didn't remember a thing about it?!!)
In this picture she is awake but has no idea about the cute drawing on her face! She just couldn't figure out why we were taking pictures and laughing... so she asked "what, did I fart in my sleep"... yep, and we figured we could catch it on camera! :)

Anyways, back to my addiction... while they were visiting Jennifer began her creation of this wonderful homemade cereal. She started by simply taking bananas and strawberries, cutting them up and then adding milk. Simple enough, but I couldn't get over how much she raved on how good it was... well she was on this crazy diet and I figured everything is good when your on a diet!

But this was only the start, after returning home she perfected her creation! First she started by adding blueberries... yum! Then almond slivers... which is essential for a nice crunch! Then add a few craisins or chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark chocolate when sticking to the diet) depending on your mood and WA-la! Your homemade cereal is ready just after you top it off with a little milk!


Once I started I couldn't stop! Seriously, I have it every morning and sometimes later for a snack to curve any sweet cravings! It works too, thats the beauty of it! Love it, love it!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That is such a funny picture. I can't stop laughing!! Jen has told me about the home made creation and now after seeing pictures I just might have to try it!

Jenna said...

Yeah I am addicted also. I eat it ALL the time.

Laura said...

Sounds yummy. So how long did it take Jen to get the marker off?! :)

*Ashley said...

That looks so good! I'm definitely going to try it!!